|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electricians - Rail
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities within our Rail Systems Engineering Team as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
We are currently seeking experienced Electricians with rail experience to join our team on a permanent basis. We have FIFO and Perth local roles. Reporting to the Electrical Team Leader, you can anticipate some of your daily duties will include:
- Perform installation of electrical signaling systems, sub systems and equipment, ensuring safety and reliability within defined budget and time constraints.
- Ensure the installation of electrical signal systems and equipment is carried out in accordance with all relevant standards, practices and procedures.
- Perform installation works within the context of live rail locations following all ARO protocols for working in operating rail signaling environments.
- Provide co-operative liaison with clients, sub contractors and other staff members with an emphasis on customer service.
- Assist in the materials and logistics management aspects of project delivery with a focus on cost effective solutions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Legislation applicable to the work group and its activities including Electrical Safety, Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
- Facilitate the assessment and control of hazards and risks as well as the investigation and reporting of all accidents and incidents.
- Be trained in the use and maintenance of appropriate PPE, wearing all PPE appropriate to work task and location.
- Ensure when allocating tasks to others that they are trained and competent to perform the tasks in a safe manner.
You will be part of a dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
- WA Electrical License (or equivalent)
- C Class Drivers License
- Rail Signaling certification desirable
- HV ticket desirable for future overhead works
A professional and flexible team player will fit perfectly into our culture, someone who will be keen to take ownership, use initiative and hold a first class attitude toward safety.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are suited to these vacancies, please apply via Seek with a copy of your most recent resume.
For further information only please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note resumes emailed directly will not be accepted.