Operations Services (OS) was established with the single goal of focusing on front line operators and maintainers. Completing work previously performed by service contractors, Operations Services is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3000 employees. OS is committed to increase employment opportunities for Australian regional communities by delivering stability and sustainability that is good for our people and good for the communities.
The Superintendent Mine Production Surface leads a surface team in the operation of key production support plant, mobile equipment and infrastructure. In this role you will also manage compliance with operating standards, procedures, work instructions and defined processes in order to achieve and optimise production outcomes working closely with the site team.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team;
- Contribute to the preparation of the inputs to form the production plan and budget;
- Endorse and lead the execution as well as monitor the effectiveness of Production Execution improvement initiatives;
- Build cross-functional relationships with the Operational sub-functions to support the delivery of production;
- Guide Coordinators in the optimisation of equipment via Process Control Systems; and
- Develop capacity to investigate reported events which fall below the Business risk threshold and as the Control Owner ensure Critical Controls are in place and effectively managing risk.
As a strong leader within our production team, you will hold a degree in Mining Engineer or a closely related field or extensive operations experience in similar roles. Your first Class Managers Certificate South Australia will be advantageous as well as proven experience in surface drilling, blasting and load and haul in a surface mining or quarrying operation within an underground backfill operations.
As well as your strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to build strong relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels. While your leadership, coaching and team awareness and passion with the ability to take initiative, will help, you make an impact across the operations.
You will also be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and providing excellent results.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.