At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently looking for a Technician Mechanical to join our Mobile Maintenance team at Eastern Ridge. This is a permanent opportunity on a FIFO 2/1 roster (days & night shift).
Reporting to the Supervisor Mobile Equipment Maintenance, you will play an integral role by:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Demonstrate and instil an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Demonstrate effective handling of safety incidents by ensuring that incidents and hazards are identified, reported, investigated and managed.
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance in all areas of Mobile Plant - Shovels, Excavators, Drills, Front end loaders, Dozers –Track and wheeled, Graders, Rollers, Haul Trucks and Water carts.
- Following specific maintenance programs and procedures.
- Operation of mobile equipment within limits of competence, training and experience.
- Carrying out checks on equipment as required.
- Accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required.
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders to a high standard and in a timely matter.
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Heavy Vehicle Fitter Trade Qualification
- C Class Drivers Licence as a minimum, HR Drivers License highly desirable
- High risk work licences not limited to: Forklift, EWP, Working at Heights, Confined Space
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.