|Location:||New South Wales, Wollongong|
Invest your time doing what you love, whilst making a daily positive impact on the lives of those that parented your generation.
About the opportunity
As the successful candidate, you will ensure case management is provided to deliver effective care and support for clients that enhance self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improving functional independence, social engagement and quality of life for the client and family carer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing complex person-centred case management
- Management of Home Care Packages
- Assisting and enabling our clients to understand their aged care funding in accordance with financial budgets
- Community Networking, sales and business development to promote Uniting Services
- Travelling throughout the Eurobodalla/Bega Valley region for visits and consultations
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work for an industry leader, which enriches lives through its contribution and services.
Our people add to our success. We are an Industry Leader because of the people who work for us. We want a Support Advisor who is passionate, genuine and committed to providing an exceptional service. Essential criteria for this role includes:
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current driver’s license
- Proficient application of Case Management principles and HCP guidelines
- Well-developed understanding of care delivery in community care and a commitment to best practice and continuous improvement
- Excellent written documentation and assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency using computer applications including; MS Word / Excel/ Outlook and a willingness to learn new programs
- Degree qualifications in Allied Health, Nursing or other relevant field or working towards
- Certification with the Case Management Society of Australia
- Experience navigating through My Aged Care Portal
- Understanding of Home Care Packages and My Aged Care Assessments
Applicants must be in a position to demonstrate the values of Uniting, have a high level of personal integrity and a willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church.
Everyday has meaning when you work for us. Your work makes a real difference. By enriching the lives of those we serve, we add value to the experience of life. As an Industry Leader, we value our staff and our clients. We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate because that is what gives us the edge and satisfaction in what we do.
Love Your Work. Join Our Team. Make a Difference. Apply Now.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks.