|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are an energy business with a diversified portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
We are owned by the people of Queensland. Providing a secure, affordable and sustainable supply of energy for all Queenslanders is at the core of everything we do.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the Position
Reporting to the Acting Site Health Safety and Environment Manager, we are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join our team at Stanwell Power Station Rockhampton.
The primary focus of this position is to foster a culture of best practice health and safety across the site to support our goal of Zero Harm Today. You will work closely with the site leadership team to ensure legislative obligations are understood and achieved, through co-ordinating health and safety monitoring, undertaking investigations and audits and reporting.
This is a full time opportunity located at our Rockhampton site.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in occupational, health and safety (OHS)
- Certified generalist OHS Professional is highly regarded
- Significant experience in a similar position within the energy or heavy industry
- Thorough understanding of OHS legislation and associated codes, standards and statutory requirements
- Effective leadership and relationship building skills, with ability to engage, influence and guide leaders to meet compliance obligations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor others
What is in it for you?
- Substantial employee benefits, including discounted gym memberships, free professional membership and access to learning and development opportunities.
- Join a values-focused organisation with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- Opportunity to professionally develop into the environmental discipline via formal development plan.
- Collaborate with HSE professionals in a complex and changing industry.
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
How to Apply
Apply today with a tailored cover letter and resume that addresses the key accountabilities of this role.
Applications Close: 5:00 PM, 27 November 2020.
Further information on Stanwell can be found online www.stanwell.com
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and or drug & alcohol screen.