South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
About the role
Provides specialist commercial advice and executes Category Management activities in line with specified guidelines and business requirements to ensure surety of supply and manages Supply risk for the business.
This is offered as a full-time permanent opportunity based at the Worsley Refinery near Collie.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business requirements, to forecast demand, and verify established contracts are effective.
- Develops local category strategies that minimise supply risk to the business, optimise cost and contribute to process automation
- Develops relationships and leads negotiations with suppliers
- Executes against the control framework for master data management; maintain quality and accuracy of information.
- Coaches and supports end users for improved supply outcomes
- Supports resolution of supplier performance issues and escalations.
- Develops and executes sourcing activities contributing to the 5 year Sourcing Plan.
- Strong experience in developing commercial strategies and leading high value strategic negotiations, strong understanding of service contracts
- Min 5 years in a commercial/ Supply environment, Mining & Metals will be preferred
- Post-secondary qualifications preferred
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.