Last updated 8 days ago
Portfolio Investment Analyst
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
The Portfolio Investment Analyst’s purpose is to support managing the WPB (Wealth & Personal Banking) project portfolio investment framework. Ensuring successful project delivery and that the WPB AOP remains on track, including optimising the ROI.
Activities to be undertaken include (but not limited to) business case development/tracking through a standardised lens, management of project/portfolio financials and headcount, management of all relationships with the transformation community both regionally and globally & supporting key governance meetings.
- Be accountable for the successful establishment and formalisation of a governance framework to support the optimisation of ROI for the WPB project portfolio, including alignment to the wider Business strategy/objectives and HSBC tools, standards and methodology.
- Establish/maintain/track portfolio financials and business cases including working with Finance to ensure alignment/tracking against AOP, HOST with the Annual Technology Plan (ATP), supporting Business leads with invoicing/billing requirements
- Be a trusted advisor to assist in all WPB business case development involving financial modelling, balance sheet impact assessment, cannibalisation assessment, challenging of assumptions, benefits realisation and KPI baselining, stakeholder management (but not limited to).
- Support the management of the WPB headcount to deliver the portfolio including timesheeting, recommendations for optimisation & addressing constraints, working with HR to ensure ongoing alignment and that required recruitment is progressing.
- Establish and maintain a change request process to support the changing portfolio needs
- Be responsible for WPB portfolio cost centre reconciliations including investigation of exceptions & supporting invoicing/billing needs
- Ensure investment communications/messaging is clearly articulated and considered in conjunction with broader project status reporting ie project risks and issues, milestone/dependency progress
- Support and prepare inputs to key governance meetings to drive decision making