|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer has been engaged to provide construction services for Greenfields, site upgrades, co-locations, In-building, site relocations and transmission upgrades for Government / Council networks, public safety and smaller scale private networks. The expectation is for strong wireless project growth into 2021 and entry into new markets.
Directly reporting to the Senior Project Manager, we are seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for stakeholder management and relationship management required within the Wireless project based from our office in Gladesville, NSW.
The role of Project Engineer will see you manage our construction partners, site works and acting as the public interface for the project. You will ensure that work collaboratively in the preparation and delivery of radio communications projects, ensuring allocated contracts / projects are completed within budget, on time, performed safely and adhere to quality standards.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar position on large scale radio communications projects (P25, Tetra, DMR) including field experience coupled with a tertiary qualification in either Telecommunications Engineering or Construction
- Demonstrated experience with design, construction and integration of Radio Communications networks in Australia, specifically Public Safety networks and interfacing with Emergency Service Organisations
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian standards related to design and construction of telecommunications facilities including 'safety in design' principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of radio communications systems (P25, Tetra, DMR) and the system components i.e., base stations, filters, combiners, routers, antennas with demonstrated experience in Public Safety networks. Experience with Motorola equipment mandatory
- Extensive understanding of radio site construction, commissioning and integration procedures in a critical communications environment, including knowledge of microwave and fibre backhaul systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker – Talent & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@Downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.