At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
The Specialist HR Consulting works as part of a regional team (Australia) in HR Operations to provide a seamless HR service to line leaders. The Specialist HR undertakes both planned and unplanned HR work across leadership capability, reward, talent, team effectiveness and other projects as required. The Specialist HR Consulting is able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Provide advice to line leaders (typically Head Of and/or Manager level and below) and deliver Tier 3 HR services on both a planned and unplanned basis on a range of HR matters;
- Pulling work from CMS, scoping projects with leaders, developing project pans and executing work;
- Work independently or as part of a team including other HR Consulting team members and/or HR Business Partners on HR projects (including, e.g., M&A, workforce reduction, culture reviews);
- Manage interfaces with other HR teams (including HR BPs, Reward, Organisational Sustainability, Functional Integrity and HR Ops) as needed, but self-serving on data/transactions where appropriate.
- Expertise across the full spectrum of HR activity, and ability to resolve complex HR issues independently and/or in collaboration with other HR teams
- Track record of delivering results as an individual contributor
- Flexibility to work with different leaders across the Business in their Region on a regular basis without a permanent partnering relationship
- Strong understanding of BHP’s HR systems and processes (or ability to quickly build knowledge)
- 3+ years of experience working in diverse HR organisations, ideally within the mining industry and in the local area (or ability to quickly build requisite business knowledge)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Business/Law or equivalent
- Amenable to work on a Fixed Term contract of 6 months
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.