|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the team
The Customer Strategy and Technology division leads the development of long-term, multi-modal strategies, plans and policies across NSW. We set the future direction of mobility in NSW and shape a world-class transport system for our customers, industry and communities.
Right now, we have an opportunity for a Senior Project Officer, Car Parks to join us in our Park&Ride Program Team.
This is a Temporary full time opportunity, up to June 2022. This position will be based in Sydney CBD however with the current COVID environment the incumbent of the role will be working both remotely and in the office with some travel for site-based implementation required.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the Park&Ride system across TfNSW locations to achieve project outcomes and support the achievement of organisational objectives.
You will be involved in:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the project including developing project plans, coordinating sub-contractors, managing on-site implementation across Greater Sydney and Outer and Regional Metropolitan areas
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of project implementation, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impact and quality measures, to identify and address issues, assess project progress and effectiveness, and achieve project outcomes
- Software integration and application development for Park&Ride
This role reports to the Program Lead and Program Manager for the Park&Ride program.
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
- Demonstrated experience in project managing/supporting complex or sensitive community projects, including the high level ability to set clear goals and implement systems to ensure projects meet agreed objectives
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of car parking management or access control equipment or similar
- A valid NSW Drivers Licence. The role requires travelling to various locations to oversee and manage the successful implementation and go-live of the Park&Ride system. Working flexibly outside of normal business hours when required is expected
- Software development and hardware integration experience
- Electrical & Data Cabling, smartcard systems delivery experience
- Project scheduling experience using MS Project or similar
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Transport Grade 9 ($135,898 to $152,204) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Apply today to register your interest!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit an updated resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Please check the internal role eligibility requirements or policy for your agency before applying for internally advertised roles.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
For any enquiries, please email Sylvia Koutsoubaris at Sylvia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us
Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 29th November, 2020.
Join Transport in managing and coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the Park&Ride system across TfNSW locations