|Location:||New South Wales, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
LEADING HAND – PLANT MECHANIC | BATHURST
About the role
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a Leading Hand to join our Bathurst workshop. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, you will lead the general machine repairs crew by coordinating maintenance and repairs to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. You will also accurately diagnose faults with Caterpillar equipment while promoting and maintaining a safe, clean and compliant work environment.
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday, 7am-5:30pm (10 hour shifts).
- Coordination of a team of technicians
- Service, maintenance and inspections
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Breakdown and warranty repair work
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Trade qualification with excellent diagnostic/fault finding skills
- Leadership experience with the ability to build a cohesive team with a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and organise teams
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to maintaining safe work practices and environment
- Competitive base hourly rate plus 10% leading hand allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 877804.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.