- Full-Time Permanent role
- Key Operational Position
- Gladstone based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that’s meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the LPG Distributio / Operations team based in Gladstone. Working closely with commercial and domestic customers in the region, you’ll be responsible for:
- Operating an LPG tanker and Cylinder truck with tasks including:
- Road tanker filling and discharging
- Driving a cylinder exchange truck
- Reporting Customer compliance
- LPG storage
- LPG transfers
- Cylinder delivering filling and testing
- Forklift operation
- Fleet compliance
- Safe Operation of a Dangerous Goods Vehicle
Other accountabilities consist of:
- Participation in safety activities including HSE meetings, observations, emergency response, incident reporting and audits.
- Complying with delivery processes and procedures.
- Effective utilisation of invoicing and delivery systems.
- Participating in delivery improvement activities through scheduling development and benchmarking drops per delivery run. Achieving the scheduled drops per delivery run.
- Ensuring no out of gas incidents are due to driver error.
- Inspecting and reporting of tank or site status.
- Ensuring tyre pressures are maintained at correct working pressures.
- Ensuring customers are treated at all times with respect and courtesy.
- Providing commercial opportunities and feedback to Sales Manager and/or Driver Supervisor / Terminal Manager.
- Reducing vehicle accidents directly attributable to operator error to zero.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have a minimum of three years driving experience of heavy vehicle that includes handling hazardous substances. You must also hold a valid heavy vehicle drivers license – Minimum HR i, Current forklift ticket, Dangerous goods license essential
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 77516
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au