|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
Downer Rollingstock Services a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rollingstock across Australia. Our Traineeships are full time; fixed-term positions open to school leavers and mature aged applicants who have a keen interest in becoming a Storeperson or Material Coordinator through the completion of a 2-year Traineeship
During your traineeship, you will complete formal studies (TAFE) and gain practical on-the-job training with the guidance of our experienced, skilled warehousing team.
Certificate lll in Warehousing Operations *TLI31616
- Control and order stock
- Receive and store stock
- Check and assess operational capabilities of equipment
- Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- Operate a forklift
- Operate specialised load shifting equipment
- Move materials mechanically using automated equipment
- Complete TAFE modules within set timeframes
- Learn skills within the on-site warehouse
- Show enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Skills and experience:
- Completion of Year 12 School Certificate or equivalent, desirable
- Current Driver’s licence, desirable
- Literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Year 10
- Available to commence late January / Early February 2021
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people like to work in Warehousing because it is a challenging, diverse but rewarding environment.
We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate and the environment
- Work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Build key rollingstock projects
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm
- Two-year Fixed Term Contract
For further information please email Glenda.Chaffey@downergroup.com.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email , please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. Females and Aboriginal /Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.