|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Payroll Co-ordinator ensures the accurate processing of the payroll, including timesheets, leave, termination calculations, payroll tax, superannuation and other payroll calculations. They are the go to person for payroll queries via email and phone.
- Process payroll fortnightly, reconcile and submit bank files
- Have a working understanding of payroll software - Workday and Ichris
- Interpret the Legal Services Award (LSA), so that they are able to process timesheets, including; overtime, paralegals, casuals and consultants
- Process staff movements including new starters, departures and other movements
- Process bonuses and salary sacrifice requests, and checking to ensure payments have been made accurately and in-line with ATO calculation methods
- Understand all leave types (applying firms policies and processes) and be able to reconcile accruals with leave takes
- Understanding Long Service Leave and the different rules that apply for each state
- Working understanding of redundancy calculations
- Calculate fortnightly payroll processes in Ichris, preparing PAYG and Superannuation payments and submitting Single Touch Payroll (STP) files to the ATO
- Monthly payroll tax and annual income statements preparation and submission
- Preparing manual payments when required
- Respond to all customer queries (face to face, telephone, email)
- Apply payroll knowledge, knowledge of company policies and procedures and problem solving skills to provide a quality response
- Assisting Finance team on queries and reports (general ledger journals, payroll reporting, expense reimbursements, salary sacrifice arrangements, etc.)
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 2 - 3 years prior experience in a similar payroll position
- Exposure to iChris and Workday
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with key firm stakeholders, clients and other external organisations as appropriate
- Attention to detail, willingness to take on any task and flexibility to think outside the box and work hours necessary to meet business objectives
The Finance team
The Finance team is a professional, motivated and focused team delivering sound financial advice and a flexible and practical financial and administration service to all areas of the firm. This specific role sits within our Payroll team within the Finance department responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the payroll for all Clayton Utz personnel nationally.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsSam Byrne, (02) 9353 4647
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.