Join our Global Tax Team
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team as Specialist International Tax.
This role supports the overall tax function by providing efficient, accurate and timely delivery of tax advisory, tax accounting, compliance, and stewardship processes to ensure the group’s tax-related practices, positions and policies are robust and sustainable.
The accountabilities of this role include the following:
- Deliver against performance targets, maintain operational discipline, ensure quality of service working collaboratively within a high performance regional tax team.
- Conduct tax research and analysis; assist with implementation of tax advice.
- Be accountable for the accuracy and completeness of tax data and/or analysis provided to tax management or other internal/external stakeholders, ensuring that tax risks and opportunities are identified, quantified and incorporated in advice.
- Ensure that tax accounting, forecasting and reporting activities are performed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and assist with planning for such activities.
- Develop business partner relationships with key stakeholders within the businesses and functions.
- Identify process improvements and assist with implementation.
- Advise and assist on transactions, as required.
The role reports to the Manager International and Marketing Tax.
You are a driven individual looking for new challenges and seeking to further your career in the industry.
To be in successful in the role, you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of practical experience delivering complex tax advisory services and tax compliance processes in a highly complex multinational businesses and / or professional services firm.
- Sound knowledge of relevant jurisdictional corporate tax rules / regulations and relevant accounting rules / regulations is necessary, together with a demonstrated ability to identify tax issues and provide risk-managed tax advice.
- Experience in implementing tax processes and projects, including transactions, systems and processes.
- Experience with international tax rules, including Australia’s CFC rules, permanent establishments, double tax agreements, capital gains tax, withholding taxis advantageous.
- We are seeking candidates with strong analytical skills, curiosity, adaptability and those that possess a commercial mindset.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.