At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
The purpose of this role is to enable work groups to safely execute their day-to-day execution of planned and break down activities, managing risk and safe work practices to meet schedules and productivity targets, thereby optimising track availability and reliability.
You will work alongside a dynamic team with a strong safety culture, who are aligned to the company charter values and approach challenges as opportunities to improve together.
Reporting to the Flashbutt Supervisor, the role will encompass the following duties:
- As a designated Responsible person, you will ensure compliance with the requirements of the Rail Safety Act and in accordance with your appointment.
- Supervising the day to day activities to enable the teams to safely execute work in a timely manner by managing risk
- Attending Core routine meetings agreed by the leadership group such as the Level 2, safety meetings and planning meetings.
- Monitoring of planned site progress and contractor resource capability and capacity
- Coaching, mentoring and performance management of team members that do not meet team expectations including culture
- Building and maintaining capability as per team requirements and training profile by monitoring LMS
- Conducting regular audits to ensure required operating discipline adhered to such as Fatigue management and IVMS reports
- Ensuring that the work site is maintained in a clean and safe condition and that the work has minimal impact on the environment
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Current full West Australian “C” class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license.
- Electrical or Mechanical Trade preferred but not essential
- Track Machine/Rail equipment/Flashbutt knowledge highly desired
- Computer literacy with Microsoft suite, 1SAP and planning systems (preferred)
- Ability to build positive and sustaining relationships;
- Sound judgement including balancing competing issues;
If you choose the residential option for this role, you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
If you choose the FIFO option, you will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 roster from Perth. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Reference Number – 31061
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.