|Job Type:||Full Time|
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
Nationally, AARNet interconnects Australian universities, the CSIRO, and other organisations who have a research and education mission, or with whom the education and research sector interacts. These include hospitals, vocational training providers, schools and museums. Internationally, AARNet interconnects the Australian Research and Education (R & E) community to the world – and continuously develops new capabilities and partnerships to facilitate seamless data access and transfer.
AARNet also offers a suite of supporting applications to our customers. These include network and collaboration services, such as CloudStor and Zoom, that enable innovation in the delivery of research and education.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
AARNet is seeking a highly motivated Desktop Support professional who is keen to build their career in IT across multiple platforms and technologies. The successful candidate will be comfortable conversing with a wide range of people in a fast-paced professional setting, with a one team attitude and displays flexibility, initiative and drive.
Provide desktop support and resolve problems to the customer satisfaction
Providing telephone, face-to-face and onsite support to users regarding issues
- Provide remote troubleshooting support on desktop issues within reasonable time
- Be an escalation point for physical hardware issues, deliveries and deployments
- Microsoft Office 365 & Tooling Administration support
Setup devices such as laptops, computers, mobiles, servers and peripherals
Perform routine maintenance on laptops, computers, mobiles, and peripherals
Identify, log and resolve technical problems within our ticket management system
- Escalate issues to Level 2 / 3 technical support team members and external vendors where necessary
- Ensure accurate recording, documentation and tracking of Assets, Incidents, Requests, Problems and Changes in the designated ITSM platform
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop products
- Working knowledge of MacOS and iOS products
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Remote Desktop Protocol, etc
- Experience with collaboration platforms utilising Zoom, Slack, Teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Intune and Jamf for desktop deployment and management
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong process-oriented implementation and completion of projects
- Innovate and contribute to the Operations Centre team
- Be proactive in maintenance and development of systems and infrastructure
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
Conditions of Employment
AARNet is committed to diversity and providing equal opportunity to all. We’re a great place to work if you want to make a difference. Remuneration will be based on skills and experience and will include an above market superannuation package.