|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
Working embedded with the client as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role is required to assist in the implementation, integration and testing of an integrated C4ISR system for research and development.
The project deliverables include the implementation of the R&D architecture are driven and produced out of an agile development team.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Undertake software system design and development activities and software unit integration testing
- Present findings and technical developments at regular sprint cycle reviews
- Providing technical leadership, assistance and mentoring to team members
- Reviewing of other team members work to ensure accuracy and compliance with completion criteria
- Provide system design, costing and schedule advice in support of proposal generation
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Australian Department of Defence security clearance NV1
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development of software systems and leading software development
- Demonstrated industry experience in development of software systems and leading software development projects
- Modern Linux Operating system experience
- System Administration experience
- Experience with modern cloud native technologies
- Experience with Big Data Applications (NiFi, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with network oriented installation and provisioning software
- Virtualisation and containerisation skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, Travis), delivery methods and utilities
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure automation tools
Additionally, it would be desirable that you have:
- Source code revision control system experience (e.g. GIT)
- Web service & web application design/development
- Software Architecture skills
- Network Engineering
- Working within an agile environment (e.g. Atlassian suite)
- COTS/FOSS integration skills
- Configuration management software
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 29 November 2020
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on +61438 833 043 and quote #AU00227.