|Job Type:||Full Time|
Opportunity to join a team of passionate & supportive industry leading experts where you can really drive your future career
Excellence is the vision. You’ll make it a reality
Your chance to be part of something new
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Here at Anglo American we are continuing to embark on our journey, implementing a world class operating model to deliver our organisation’s burning ambition to be the most valued mining company. Our transformation is focused on executing Anglo American’s Operating Model (AAOM).
Understanding the geological setting of Met Coal’s operations is key to delivering an integrated Geoscience solution that encompasses exploration, geological modelling and operational geology.
This function will provide the expertise and specialist knowledge to drive change, process efficiency and optimisation, and continuous improvement in order to transform our business.
Reporting into the Head of Geoscience, the Operational Planning Specialist is responsible for the production of the most cost-effective operating plan to meet agreed business expectations based on scenario analysis and consolidation of inputs within Geoscience and continuously challenge the business to strive for better performance.
You will use the AAOM to lead operational planning in an integrated approach across the Met Coal business, improving safety, production and culture and reducing costs.
This role will be rewarding and varied and will include:
- Consistent application of Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities
- Calibration and analysis of the Business Structure Performance (BSP) model
- Using Met Coal BSP to identify constraints and required focus areas for production and service strategies within Geoscience.
- Developing guidelines and tools to support Geoscience in developing Production and Service Strategies, and ensuring process is consistent across Geoscience and compliant with the AAOM
- Coordinating with other corporate functions to specify and select strategies to mitigate threats and to provide the required input to site service strategies.
- Responsibility for the Geoscience Operating Master Schedule (OMS), using inputs from the Production and Service Strategies to determine confidence in meeting business expectations.
- Identifying and capture OMS variables, dependencies and key dates that may impact delivery, and run scenarios and sensitivity analysis on these
- Consulting and informing site Operational Planning Specialists on relevant Geoscience operational planning decisions that may impact site.
- Contributing to the Management Routines in support of Operational Planning in Geoscience to collect key inputs required for production strategies, services strategies and the Operating Master Schedule
- Monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the AAOM Operational Planning processes within Geoscience
Key to your success will be your:
- Technical knowledge of business improvement tools and techniques
- Experience in operations, financial and risk modelling
- Knowledge of financial metrics and budgeting tools
- Business acumen and knowledge of commercial drivers of site performance
- Organisation model design / systems leadership exposure
- Tertiary qualifications in business/finance, Geoscience or Mining related fields;
As well as a very competitive salary package, Anglo American offers exceptional training and development opportunities to all employees.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Applications Close: 06 December 2020
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.