South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the VP Group Assurance the purpose of this role is to add value through the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of a coordinated aligned assurance plan, incorporating internal and external risk sensing. The role also provides direct support to the VP Group Assurance and Risk by managing the overarching assurance management activities which includes governing, planning, scheduling, and reporting across all assurance activities. The role will incorporate the process and ownership of the Strategic Risk monitoring and reporting.
Other accountabilities include:
- Group Assurance mapping and coordination to maximise assurance cover linked to current risk profile
- Recommending, coordinating and drafting of the Annual Assurance plan
- Quarterly risk sensing and updating of assurance plan
- Strategic Risk monitoring and annual reporting
- Drafting of RAC reporting over assurance activities
- 2ND line Stewardship of the Assurance Standard
- Delivering of the annual assurance plan
- Monitor and maintain the Assurance team budget
This position will be based out of our Perth head office in the heart of the CBD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Internal Audit, Assurance, Business Management, Finance or Commerce
- Experience in Risk or Assurance would be advantages, including experience in reporting
- 5 years’ Experience in Mining and Metals; preferably in Risk or Assurance capacity
- Analytically strong; Good technical understanding of Risk and Assurance execution
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.