|Location:||Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you an entrepreneurial, impact driven program leader?
- Drive CSIRO’s Missions Program to achieve its strategic objectives
- Help solve Australia’s greatest scientific challenges
CSIRO has embarked on a Missions program to accelerate our capacity to solve the greatest challenges at scale through collaborative programs enabled by investments in digital, future science and tech, data and our people. These major scientific and collaborative research programs are aimed at making significant breakthroughs. These will be large-scale collaborative missions which will amplify our nation’s capacity to solve the greatest challenges and accelerate the pace and scale at which we can solve each challenge and unlock a better future for our community, our economy and the planet.
The role of General Manager is to provide leadership to the streams within the program and drive the organisation shift required scale up the Missions Program. This role requires a strong leader to work across the organisation and provide a compelling vision to drive organisation change. They will be an impact driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative leader who can influence and align multiple teams to achieve strategic objectives. This role will be a key member of the CSIRO Leadership Team.
Your duties will include:
- Provide leadership to the Mission streams across the program to ensure consistent messaging, delivery of milestones, central coordination and assistance to remove organisational blockers.
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the CSIRO Board and Executive Team.
- Work closely with each of the stream leads to deeply understand the stream goals and be a champion for each of the streams. Build credibility with scientists in order to guide them towards the common strategic objectives.Work with the Stream Leads to ensure that capability and resources are effectively prioritised and deployed to meet current and future requirements.
- Make representations on behalf of CSIRO to industry and the Government, lobby key influencers and market CSIRO’s capability to ensure the Organisation is well placed to meet its objectives.
- When involved in commercial activities act as a broker, developing opportunities for multi-Business Unit and collaborative projects with other research agencies.
- Use your understanding of CSIRO’s business and knowledge of the market to identify and exploit business opportunities of strategic significance, including the development of new business and negotiating complex deals, ensuring that CSIRO’s position is both protected and advanced, for the benefit of Australia’s economy, society and/or the environment.
Location: Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra preferred
Salary: Attractive salary package is negotiable
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Highly developed collaboration and engagement skills including guiding, influencing and developing relationships and the ability to unite disparate groups.
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to lead and direct through influence, particularly in leading staff who are not direct reports. Ability to create an effective work culture with multi-disciplinary teams in a complex and geographically dispersed organisation.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial initiative including developing strategy, business acumen, project management and strategic portfolio development.
- Evidence of strong internal and external stakeholder engagement and relationship building to meet strategic objectives, supported by established relevant networks.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of commercial relationships, negotiate, secure investment and revenue pipelines that support delivery of impact objectives and meet current and future revenue goals.
- Sound understanding of scientific research programs and public/private partnership models pertaining to CSIRO operations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13 Dec 2020, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT