|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Stunning Brisbane or Sydney CBD locations
- Suit experienced, results driven Analyst who is looking to join a high performing team
About the role:
The Product Analyst will support the Everyday Banking and Deposits team deliver market leading everyday banking experiences for our customers. This role will play a support role in driving this change and will bring strong commercial acumen, customer centricity and solution focus to drive better business and customer outcomes.
- Proactively support the Product Managers across Everyday Banking and Deposits in the execution of key initiatives and campaigns to deliver to the Group's transformation strategy.
- Maintain the delivery of compliant products through proactive monitoring of appropriate product disclosures, procedures and operations.
- Provide SME support for distribution and customer relations escalations.
- Identification and execution of small initiatives to drive product improvement and better staff and customer experiences.
- Support the Product Managers with key insights on industry and competitor landscape using internal and external data sources, to help drive decision making and change.
- Provide general administrative support including invoicing and reporting.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience working in banking and financial services industry
- High level attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Strong commercial acumen, influencing skills and stakeholder management to drive business outcomes
- Understand the regulatory environment and liaise with the Risk, Compliance and Legal teams to ensure the business meets legal and compliance requirements
- Work closely with customer experience team and partner to ensure products and services meet the required levels
- Complete reporting and invoicing tasks as required
- A business or finance degree is desirable
At BOQ we support our people to be their best! We are passionate about providing opportunities for you to grow and develop your career with us. We value integrity, place empathy at the core of everything we do, and are committed to re-imagining banking for our customers, shareholders and our people. We are proud to back Australian businesses.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! It’s our people that help us achieve and make things possible.
About our Benefits:
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.