|Job Type:||Full Time|
Shorty’s Liquor is the corporate destination for beverages and gifting in Australia.
It is not just what we do; it’s how we have passionately done it for almost 20 years. A corporate beverage, hospitality & gifting business that is authentically customer-centric and trusted by many of Australia’s largest and most respected businesses.
Headquartered in Ultimo where we also house our second* most valuable asset - many of the most remarkable wines from around the world. *second to our team and clients, of course.
Shorty’s Liquor is seeking a deputy accountant to work within our team of passionate, fun loving and collaborative individuals for Shorty’s Liquor. Shorty’s Liquor is a joint venture between the founder Dave Short and Endeavour Drinks Group (Dan Murphy’s and BWS).
The main functions are:
- Maintain cash flow for the business so that operations, sales, and purchasing are not impacted.
- Oversee Payments for supplier invoices as per supplier agreements or arrangements
- Complete supplier credit application forms and set up in system for payment management.
- Reconcile company credit cards and make sure limits are available for purchases.
- Process payments for any account customers, send statements and invoices as per agreement.
- Process cash and cheque payments as and when required.
- Review and resolve any customer queries regarding payments.
- Conduct weekly/monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Manage car registration, calendar all rego dates, and manage car expenses.
- Prepare and provide detailed monthly financial P&L and Balance Sheet with appropriate supporting data and comments for all business units.
- P & L, cash flow, debtor and creditor reports and business unit reports
- Monthly aged balances reported for customers.
- BAS/IAS, Payroll Tax, Super, WET Tax, Jobkeeper
- Review the current processes of accounting functions and suggest cost effective improvements
- Process weekly fulltime and part time payroll and associated employee entitlement recording.
- Process weekly casual employees’ payments
- Responds to team member & manager queries to ensure timely resolution and positive customer experience
- Maintains accurate HR & employee records and documentation to defined quality standards
- Reporting to Financial Accountant Specialty Businesses - Endeavour Drinks
- Working with the customer service team to resolve customer accounting issues.
- Over 3 years of experience with CA/CPA qualification.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Understanding of WET Tax processes.
- Experience working in SME businesses and understanding their unique challenges.
- Payroll Experience
- Must be an Australian Citizen or possess permanent resident status or a working visa.
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You