|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Environmental Specialist is a part of a multi-disciplinary team of internal and external resources working to successfully deliver the construction of the West Gate Tunnel project.
The successful candidate will be the nominated Environmental Representative in accordance with the Project Scope Requirements for issues relating to environmental management throughout the life of the project. The Environmental Specialist is a critical position in the delivery of high-quality environmental support and advice to the project.
Talk to us about how the position of Environmental Specialist can work for you, whether that be flexible working hours, job sharing, part-time arrangements, remote working, or phased retirement. At Transurban, flexible working is the norm, not the exception.
The impact you'll have
- You'll drive the resolution of day-to-day environmental, sustainability, and planning issues with key stakeholders from the D&C Contractor through to the State and Independent Reviewer and Auditor
- You'll support and/or oversee performance requirements, audits, scheduled reviews, inspections, and provide environmental specialist advice where required
- You'll help Transurban to achieve its sustainability targets advising on opportunities and compliance progress in close partnership with key stakeholders
- From a project perspective you'll support the Project Co team in understanding the environmental content, represent the team on environmental content, and ensure the team has the necessary training to fulfill their environmental requirements
The talents you'll bring
- Significant experience in a comparable position providing environmental advice and support ideally for and/or in close partnership with D&C Contractors and/or the State (contract side experience highly desired)
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering, Physical Sciences, Earth Sciences or relevant field suitable to this position is preferable
- Strong analytical, research, communication, report writing, relationship management, change management, and influencing abilities
- Strong working knowledge and practical application of statutory environmental requirements
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, for everyone.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To learn about Transurban's environmental initiatives please visit https://www.transurban.com/community-and-sustainability/environment
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!