|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with database technologies and database administration techniques.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving production systems either in on-premise/data center environments or migration to cloud scenarios.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you'll work with technical Sales teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the value of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving. Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect customer solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading technical projects, including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel as required around EMEA for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers and RFI response documents.