This position is advertised under Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal Australians are encouraged to apply.
One organisation. One hugely diverse workforce.
Our diversity is our strength.
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious new job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians.
Fresh faces wanted.
About the role:
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an Operator. This position is based in Wyalkatchem which offers a great country style living while still located within 200 kilometres to Perth. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining water supply and sewerage within the District.
What the role will offer:
- Provides excellent customer service at all times and, within the span of control, ensures that Customer Charter standards are met.
- On direction of Team Leader, assists with JHA preparation; attends high risk and complex jobs to ensure a safe working environment is being maintained; and participates in investigations.
- Can lead in identifying and addressing safety improvements within the team.
- Ensure water supply and drinking water quality expectations are met by on site operations including basic performance monitoring.
- Assists in maintaining business owned properties.
Key skills and experience:
- Western Australian “MR” Class Drivers Licence and “HC” Class Licence highly desirable but not essential.
- Be available for required rostered standby and call-out emergencies outside of normal working hours.
- Basic computer skills
- Relevant High Risk Licences
- Knowledge of Gas Chlorination Systems desired
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of water supply infrastructure (e.g. pipes, pumps equipment etc)
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Thursday, 26th November 2020
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.