|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Working as part of the Area SMC Leadership team, you will lead a team of Specialist Sales Professionals to help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities.
One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across the Modern Workplace solution area, encompassing Microsoft 365 and Surface.
As the Specialist Manager you will be leading a team of Specialists to provide and sell the best-in-class cloud service and platforms to our managed customers, building the momentum for digital transformation for our customers and partners as well as Microsoft itself. The Specialist Manager is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is savvy in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across solution areas.
The Mocern Workplace Specialist Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
- Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; meets sales targets and operational standards.
- The Digital Specialist Manager is consistent and predictable in managing the Solution-led businesses.
- Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
- Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution area: Solution sellers directly leading 50%+ of the cloud and SQL opportunities, with 50%+ partner attach rate to qualified opptys.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the Solution Sellers and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels.
- Coaches Seller’s with a "challenger mentality" by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Lead Solution sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
- Business transformation: Lead STU sellers and technical-sellers to drive cloud businesses growth at or above targets, and lead cross-team to ensure consumption of cloud services sold.
- Partner Engagement: Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- Several years solution sales for Productivity and Collaboration solutions, Security Solutions or similar business applications
- Selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers
- Leading multi-million-dollar deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Security Solutions, Office 365
- Knowledge of managing hardware pipeline and selling devices, including Surface, Hub, and MTR, to enterprise customers
- Understanding of the latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- strong negotiating skills
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.