|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Kmart, we are where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items and our vision is to make everyday living brighter for all our customers, every time and everywhere they shop with us.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the Finance Manager,the role of Commercial Analyst is central to providing commercial and financial advice on the underlying trading performance of the Online function and analysis to support business decisions to deliver the Kmart corporate strategy. This Commercial Analyst position will provide commercial analysis, prepare business cases and support the formulation and implementation of new initiatives and strategies across a number of areas in the Kmart business, including:
- Support the preparation of budgets for the Online function
- Conduct variance analysis on monthly results for Online function
- Conduct analysis on initiatives to improve performance for the Online function
- Build and provide input into key initiatives and construct well thought out and thorough business cases for presentation to the Investment Council
- Establish key KPIs / benchmarks to measure Online performance and provide thought leadership into factors for success.
- Self initiate analysis and projects that identify opportunities to improve productivity.
We are now seeking an experienced Commercial Analyst to provide commercial and financial advice on the underlying trading performance of the business. You will have significant experience gained in a commercial role, possess a solid background in finance or accounting with retail or consumer industry experience.
Summary of the key responsibilities of this role outlined as follows;
- Commercial analysis:
Providing thorough and insightful analysis to key decision makers. When appropriate, analysis will be complemented with a process for regular monitoring so that insights can continue to be delivered over time in an efficient manner. To identify cost reduction opportunities across the business, with a focus on Online and a ability to construct well thought out business cases and also introduce ways to streamline internal work flow and improve business efficiency.
- Stakeholder engagement and project management:
Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Kmart business, particularly in Data & Analytics, Technology, Property and Finance functions. These relationships will support clear and timely communication stakeholders as well as the successful implementation of new initiatives and processes
To meet the challenges of this role, you will possess the following skills and experience;
- Degree qualified in Finance, Commerce or related discipline (required) combined with advanced degree or professional qualification CA/CPA/MBA (preferred)
- Up to 5 years’ experience in finance or analytical related roles
- Advanced Microsoft Office / Microsoft Access skills (particularly Excel with knowledge of VBA/Macros advantageous)
- Advanced analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership, initiative and operate in an autonomous manner
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to drive improvements and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced structured/unstructured problem solving skills
- Proactive development of opportunities to improve performance
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of company P&L and key drivers
- Strong understanding of executive/management reporting requirements
- Experience with TM1 ideal but not mandatory
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, free parking and inclusion in the employee benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.