|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How we work together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders.
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy.
We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our goals. In the words of Steve Jobs “It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do”. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Our strategy is anchored by stakeholder value and is underpinned by our How We Work Together principles. It outlines what we focus on, how we work, how we create value and how we deliver.
We are looking for a collaborative and innovative Senior Exploration Geologist to join the Exploration team. Reporting to the Principal Geologist – Australia this permanent position primary focus is on the discovery of economic copper deposits in South Australia.
- Question the WHY; innovate and think differently.
- Be empowered to take responsibility for your own deliverables.
- Enjoy our flexible working culture, that focuses on WHAT you deliver, not WHERE you deliver it.
- Build and implement a strategy and provide technical leadership to explore regions of South Australia.
- Identify and secure quality exploration projects using both conventional and innovative methods.
- Coordinate research projects which will contribute to strategic objectives around the Prominent Hill and Carrapateena Operations
- Maintain the exploration licences good standing and completing statutory reporting as required.
- Provide leadership in the development and progression of a culture of excellence in health and safety, environmental management and community relations
- Demonstrated experience in copper deposits and base metal exploration generally, with an excellent knowledge of the metallogenesis of base metal systems.
- Experience exploring in remote locations and engaging with a variety of stakeholders (Landholders, Traditional Owners etc)
- Extensive and up to date technical knowledge in the fields of geology, geophysics, geochemistry
- Machine Learning/Data Science and the methods and applications applied to exploration highly regarded
- Experience with GIS and 3D software (ArcGIS and Micromine)
- Tertiary qualified in a Geology discipline
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
Applications close: Thursday 3rd December 2020
Exciting opportunity to join our Exploration team in a permanent capacity. Flexible working options available! Apply now!