At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We’re currently looking for a qualified Heavy Mobile Plant Mechanic to join our Field Equipment Maintenance execution team at Jimblebar mine site.
Jimblebar is a dynamic site where we strive to achieve culture of inclusion and diversity, improve safety and productivity with the use of technology. We have a strong focus on high performance, indigenous participation and gender balance. We’re looking for diverse experiences to join our team and contribute to building strong team relationships for everyone in the department.
In this role you’ll work 8 days on, 6 days off, and 7 nights on, 7 days off flying in and out from Perth to Newman.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Field Maintenance, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Scheduled and breakdown maintenance, diagnosis and repair to all areas of mobile plant, including but not limited to; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Conduct maintenance activities in a field environment to a fleet of Liebherr excavators- 996, 9400 and Epiroc surface drill rigs- PV271, D65
- Operation of mobile equipment within limits of competence, training and experience
- Accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required
- Use of computerised maintenance systems (SAP, Fiori and the regular use of iPad)
- Contribute to the ongoing development, review and amendment of Quality Assurance documents as required
- Actively participate in all activities, volunteering ideas and exchanging information freely
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organising and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities when required
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Executing tasks to a high standard and in a timely matter.
- Maintain a valid Pit Permit.
For your application to be successful you will possess the below:
- Heavy vehicle mechanical fitter or heavy mobile plant trade qualification
- Previous mine site field maintenance experience working on: Liebherr 996/9400 and Epiroc Pit vipers 271/D65
- Valid Australian manual C class driver’s license
- Strong diagnostic skills and abilities
- HR licences
- Forklift (LF) (EWP) (DG) high risk work licence preferred
- Self-motivated and ability to lead small team
This is an opportunity for energetic individuals to be part of something big. Partnering with experienced mechanical technicians, you will be encouraged to grow your breadth of experience with full support.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.