|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
About the opportunity
Uniting has an exciting opportunity for Disability Support Workers to join our community support team working across Sydney & South East Sydney. Uniting Disability offers a range of services to National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants providing support to both adults and young people living with a disability.
This position will be part time offering a minimum 20 hours per fortnight.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will:
- Support clients to identify and achieve goals
- Support daily living activities through capacity building
- Maximise independence and confidence through enabling clients to access the community
- Implement unique behaviour support plans
- Implement routines and structures through positive role modelling
- Collaborate with team members
- Build effective relationships with clients and their families and carers
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, or equivalent accreditation in social science/community services
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred care
- Demonstrated experience managing challenging behaviours and behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to maintain accurate records
- Experience supporting participants from Aboriginal and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds would be advantageous
- Current paid Working with Children Check
- Full NSW Driver’s licence and fully insured vehicle
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Willing to travel across Western Sydney
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Play a significant role in supporting NDIS participants to achieve their goals through capacity building
- Opportunities to work with a diverse client base across multiple environments (group home, in-home, respite care)
- Comprehensive induction training from Day 1
- Paid travel entitlements between clients
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.