|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
Sydney Metro West is the city’s next underground metro railway. This investment will transform Sydney for generations to come; doubling rail capacity between Parramatta and the CBD, linking new communities to rail services and supporting employment growth and new housing supply. It’s a program of epic proportions which will bring together technical specialists, world-class technology and innovative ways of working.
Right now, we have an opportunity for an Associate Director Cost Estimating to join us in the Project Management Office. Working closely with the Director PMO (Metro West) and broader project team and in collaboration with external advisory groups, you will provide direction in the preparation and assurance of cost estimates that are robust, rigorous, fit-for-purpose and compliant with Sydney Metro requirements, reflecting the scope of work to be delivered in terms of cost, time and overall risk profile parameters.
During the initial stage, pre-tender cost estimations will be key, as the project evolves activities will focus more across assessment claims and variations. As such, you will act as the Sydney Metro discipline lead for Cost Estimation, developing and reviewing enterprise-wide standards and procedures related to estimation.
Looking into the future, as Transport for NSW promotes innovation through the use of 3D/4D Engineering, there will be further opportunities to standardise the way we conduct cost estimations and make a significant difference.
- You are a proven professional looking for a career-defining opportunity to build a legacy for generations to come.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Eligible for membership of a recognised appropriate professional institution, such as the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- You will have extensive proven experience in developing and establishing cost estimation standards and procedures to ensure consistent processes and outcomes in relation to cost estimation across all Sydney Metro projects.
- Ability to lead a team of costing professionals in the provision of high level cost estimation / cost planning on projects in development on an ad hoc and confidential basis, working with Project Managers to obtain current actual project cost data and capturing, collating, validating and recording cost at an elemental level to inform the cost estimating process.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge thinking to assure a robust and accurate estimation process which is aligned to business strategies and expected outcomes.
- Ability to direct the team in the provision of high level advice and support to Project and Commercial teams in the development of contract requirements for cost estimating consultants and in the selection and appointment of cost estimating consultants, including but not limited to providing commercial assessments for tenders and TOKS.
- Strong and creative problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and the allocation of resources to achieve best for project outcomes.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders, contractors and service providers.
- Highly organised with a collaborative and persuasive approach to project management.
- Most importantly, you are motivated by the opportunity to be an integral part of the success of Australia’s biggest public transport project and make a real difference for communities through delivering a safe and reliable transport system.
This is an exceptional opportunity where your personal success will directly translate into the successful delivery of the project. If influencing the future of NSW infrastructure and being part of creating a lasting legacy interests you then please consider joining Sydney Metro.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service (Band 1A) role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Joining Sydney Metro, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process by 11:59pm, Thursday 3rd December. For any enquiries, please email Fabrice Noel at FABRICE.NOEL@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.