|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity for a seasoned Senior Project Manager to join our Customer Works team
- Reputable organization with a rewarding career
- Can be based at various locations in NSW
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Project Manager to join our Customer Works team on a permanent basis.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of major capital works across TransGrid’s network. Working closely with the Business Growth, Procurement, Engineering Design, Project Development and Asset Management teams, this role will require a highly collaborative, influential and commercially astute person to coordinate critical projects across Australia.
In addition you will have the opportunity of guiding, mentoring and coaching any project managers, engineers or graduates within the team.
As a Senior Project Manager you will:
- Lead projects that deliver on budget, quality, schedule and commercial outcomes
- Deliver projects (including end to end field management construction) of highly complex Non-Prescribed/Pre-scribed Major Projects in high voltage transmission line construction, substations and other works
- Effectively manage risk, quality and resources, communications, procurement and cost control associated with major capital projects
- Ensure all project compliance requirements are met
- Establish and manage contracts for the delivery of major capital works
- Execute high level negotiations with contractors, monitor their performance and ensure strong commercial contract frameworks in conjunction with the Procurement team
- Develop and facilitate a collaborative environment between all internal and external parties involved in project delivery
- Develop effective working relationships to identify and satisfy customer needs and possible additional work opportunities
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, TransGrid policies and procedures and local Safety and Environmental Plans
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial requirements, developing, implementing and operating budgets for management activities
- Manage budgets within expected guidelines and service levels
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in engineering or relevant discipline (Project Management qualifications is desirable) or extensive equivalent experience
- High level business and commercial acumen
- Highly collaborative and decisive behaviour style
- High level ability to think outside the box and drive change
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in managing High Voltage Substations and Transmission Lines projects
- Extensive experience in contract management and negotiation
- Extensive experience in directing field construction teams
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here
Applications close on Thursday, 3 December 2020
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.