|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work as part of a high performing team - who are close-knit and supportive
- Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work!
- One year fixed term opportunity
- Based in Sydney - Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Our Infrastructure Services group embodies the spirit of entrepreneurship and optimism with the breadth, experience, and resources, one of Australia's largest electricity transmission providers. We are seeking a Senior Proposal Coordinator to join our team. In this role you will coordinate and manage submissions for customer proposals and bids in accordance with TransGrid’s framework and policies. This position has three core focus areas - it will play a key role in support the Program Managers and Proposal Managers in the preparation of high-level proposal and pricing strategies; manage proposals from identification to execution, and provide continuous improvement to the proposals and core marketing material.
Another key requirement of the role is to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be an innovative thinker and have the versatility and eagerness to work in a transforming and changing environment. You will help create tomorrow’s solutions today and support the evolution of the future Australian Energy system..
As the Senior Proposal Coordinator you will:
- Manage proposals (network modifications and standard connections) with support Managers.
- Explain technical and operational proposal concepts in simple business language to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Process bid, proposal and pricing requests from internal and external customers
- Develop and coordinate bid plans and schedules
- Coordinate the management of internal stakeholders and supplier proposal inputs and outputs
- Direct the production of proposals and external pricing information
- Support with the managing of bid budgets and associated tendering cost
- Coordinate the proposal team in accordance with the proposal plan
- Manage and administer the CRM system (currently SalesForce) associated licencing and data quality issues
- Produce regular business reporting on customer and pipeline trending around bids and pricing from business systems.
- Develop high-level proposal strategies
- Communicate Infrastructure Services offering and benefits to internal and external customers
- Identify and engage individuals to provide specialised information/advice regarding infrastructure development and delivery
- Translate technical information into proposals for presentation to external customers
- Develop long term relationships with service providers internally and externally
- Develop sound relationships with internal stakeholders that support the growth of the infrastructure business and foster strong internal communications
- Assist and share knowledge amongst different business units
- Assist in managing customer relationships,
- Provide feedback to internal stakeholders on organisational and process issues
- Provide information to TransGrid on new opportunities or customer trends
- Manage relevant projects both for the wider infrastructure services team as well as those allocated by the Program Manager
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure services.
- Basic knowledge of connection process for generator/load customer including scoping, generator performance standards and Offer to Connect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with relevant database systems, particularly CRM (e.g. Salesforce) preferable
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage through competing priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to interact with stakeholders and customers at all levels
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Relevant systems knowledge and solid personal computing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Good business sense, trustworthiness, dedication, creativity, professionalism and strong work ethic
- Ability to prepare accurate, concise and considered documents
- Ability to show initiative and have a business and customer focus
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Salary sacrifice and novated leasing options
- Access to sports and social clubs
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
This is a one year fixed term position.
Applications close on Thursday, 3 December 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and interviewing may commence earlier than closing date.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.