|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
We have an opportunity on one of our ICT Support Engagements to support the Governance and Compliance function that is accountable for complex procedural, operational, administrative and business support for the group, including providing up to date knowledge and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements as they apply to the Operation. This role will provide support to the Governance, Assurance, Risk and Compliance (GARC) manager as well as support to the broader team.
Key functions of the support role include:
- Provide advice and support on best practice Governance, Assurance and Compliance and Risk Management
- Assist with the facilitation and coordination of inter-directorate improvement initiatives, to ensure compliance
- Assist in the implementation of assurance activity recommendations
- Assist with documenting and managing the DCS Governance and Assurance Framework
- Support the business owner in facilitating governance forums
- Support the management of the Assurance Program
- Assist with the management of Risk Registers, Risk Reporting, Risk Escalations and Risk Committee management
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant training and qualifications in Risk Management
- Have a good understanding of governance frameworks, risk and risk management, assurance, and compliance processes
- Able to articulate and communicate the risk framework, escalations, policies, and processes to others
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage others and build relationships
- Strong problem solving and ability to think critically.
Due to the nature of the role and customer, we require candidates to be Australian Citizens and hold a current Baseline security clearance.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A friendly and professional team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).