At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, within the Site Services team your duties will include:
- Ensuring conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Performing all duties expected of a maintenance electrician
- Repairs and servicing on fixed plant, workshop and office equipment
- Carrying out all activities within the whole-of-job scope including; pre-work, JHA, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks
- Scoping and executing shut activities in order to reach our OSE targets
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording modifications
- Ensuring we meet out statutory obligations in accordance to MSIA.
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia on a sportsman dayshift roster (5 days on 4 days off, 5 days on 5 days off, 4 days on 5 days off). Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Current 'A' Grade Electrical Licence
- Minimum of C class manual driver’s licence
- A sound understanding of AS3000, AS3008, AS3017.
The below skills are desirable, however, we’re happy and able to support you with training and development in these areas;
- Hold a MSIC and PPA access card
- Open Cabling endorsement
- PLC or instrumentation experience
- Working at heights, EWP, forklift, dogging and rigging certificates
- Experience with SAP Work Management programs
We’re looking for diverse experiences to join our team. We’re passionate about diversity in experience and the team and foster team building relationships for everyone in the department.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.