At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities.
Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Electrical Superintendent (Mine) and in collaboration with the other Electrical Supervisors you will be a key contributor in guiding and building a team of Electrical Technicians. You and your team will safely deliver electrical maintenance activities ensuring compliance with weekly maintenance schedules, operating standards, procedures and defined processes to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes for Mine Fixed Plant operations.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Identify, build and develop team capability through ongoing and regular coaching and development
- Prioritise the execution of work based on condition of risk of equipment to prevent unplanned failures, as well as supervise the execution of the weekly work schedule
- Plan and schedule break in work as based on risk of equipment failure within a 7 day period
- Identify and implement Maintenance Execution improvement initiatives with support from the Reliability team
- Allocate resources to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes as part of work activity planning and
- Offer continued development and mentorship to your team and ensure competency of individual maintainers in the safe performance of their duties.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7 on / 7 off Days & Nights roster with residential or DIDO options available.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in Safety Leadership
- Currently hold an Electrical Trade qualification or hold a degree qualification in a related Electrical discipline
- Hold South Australian Electrical Licence or validity to acquire
- Posess Exposure to Maintenance Execution environments as a supervisor or leader
- Have an understanding of statutory compliance requirements
- Be quality focussed with a drive to achieve results for the team
- Have the ability to balance multiple incoming priorities and effectively deliver on customer expectations.
- Be confident to work across a range of disciplines and levels to foster mutually beneficial and cohesive relationships.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.