|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
The role of Transport for NSW is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $55.6b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
About the team
The Infrastructure and Place division is charged with the delivery of an ambitious and once-in-a generation $50 billion program of public infrastructure works. We are developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable infrastructure and places that are valued by our customers and communities.
There is a permanent opportunity available for a Technical Offer to join our team. Based in Tamworth, reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the management of technical risk in the geotechnical, materials or pavements areas by accurate data collection, observation and calculation
- Assisting in the maintenance of the technical standards by undertaking laboratory and field tests, trials and procedures in accordance with relevant Australian Standards, TfNSW or other standards
- Providing geotechnical, pavements and materials investigation or construction services to clients by accurate and timely collection, processing storage and recording of field and laboratory data and samples
- Timely provision of basic costing and business reporting information, by supervising project field operations where appropriate
Please click to view a copy of the position description.
You will have completed a Certificate IV in a relevant technical area or have demonstrated equivalent knowledge and verified relevant industry experience. You will also have the ability to:
- Undertake routine and specialist laboratory and field tests in accordance with TfNSW, Australian Standard and other Test Methods;
- Conduct and supervise a broad range of investigation techniques and field operations for geotechnical, pavements and road materials investigations
- Develop due care and understanding in the use of sensitive mechanical / electrical / hydraulic equipment.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade USS3 ($63,093 – $69,125) OR Grade USS4 ($71,233 – $76,941), dependant on level of experience, per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer the pre-screening questions on the application from.
Note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
For any enquiries, please contact Ami (Talent Specialist) on Ami.Jordan@transport.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Sunday, 6th of December 2020