|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a highly motivated and performance driven team
- 12 month fixed term opportunity
- Starting salary $108,227 + 15% Superannuation
- Based at Sydney – Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This role of Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst will provide cover for the Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst whilst they are on secondment working on an ERP transformation project.
The Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing a range of technical services to deliver insight and reporting solutions to Finance and the wider business and its stakeholders.
As the subject matter expert in the understanding of the underlying data structures for a range of systems used to manage financial information, you will identify, strategise, and then build a range of analytics, robotics and reporting solutions to optimise TransGrid’s use of financial data to inform critical business decisions.
In addition to standard periodic and ad-hoc reports, this role is also responsible for creating a series of automated data audit and data cleansing methods to ensure reporting data integrity is to the standard required by the various stakeholders within the financial governance processes.
The incumbent Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst will be available to provide subject matter expertise and guidance from time to time.
The role of a Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst includes but is not limited to:
- Fostering an analytical approach to financial and operational decision making
- Developing and implement the finance information strategy to support effective decision making and continuous improvement
- Developing financial and operational information modelling and architecture
- Developing efficient and consistent reporting of TransGrid’s Financials, Projects and Maintenance works
- Providing support for reporting of TransGrid’s financial information and works portfolios
- Monitoring and improving data quality across the business
- The position may be required to split the week between TransGrid’s Head Office site at Ultimo and Western Sydney Eastern Creek site as required to help support stakeholders in both locations
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in engineering, accounting, business intelligence or in an appropriate discipline
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools eg MS BI Toolset, PowerBI
- Extensive knowledge and experience in corporate systems including performance reporting systems, finance systems (eg TM1, expense management software, payroll), project management tools (eg PPM) and ERP systems (eg Ellipse/SAP)
- Thorough understanding of the concepts and application of risk management
- Extensive experience in project, maintenance and work management processes
- Advanced business/commercial acumen and well developed consultancy skills
- Demonstrated capacity to develop business strategies, policies and plans
- Well-developed interpersonal, people and service management skills that will facilitate the establishment of positive working relationships with stakeholders and staff
- Excellent written communications skills for persuasive reports and submissions
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to achieve effective commercial and technical performance outcomes
- It is desirable to have demonstrated skills and performance in change management
- It is desirable to have qualifications in business management
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Applications close on Thursday, 3 December 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and may interview before the close date.
- Please note that we do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.