South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of this two-year Traineeship Program commencing in mid-January 2021.
Our traineeships work towards a nationally recognised qualification and are designed to learn the skills required to operate a chemical process plant and build a future career in the industry. Our Trainees receive supportive leadership and quality on the job training, coaching and mentoring from our qualified experienced Operators, Coaches and Trainers.
About the role
Based at our Collie Refinery our traineeships are offered in various locations within our process plant.
- Learn to operate the physical production plant and equipment following operating standards and procedures.
- Work a 42hr week rotating shift roster that works 12hr shifts including weekends and public holidays.
This is offered as a full-time fixed term opportunity and will be based at our Collie Refinery our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communitieswhich all offer an enviable lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, committed individuals, who are motivated to learn and obtain a national qualification and whilst starting a career in the mining industry.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Live within 1hrs commute of site
- Be punctual and reliable
- Possess good communication, literacy and numeracy skills as well as a basic mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety and the ability to identify and eliminate hazards in the workplace
- Hold a valid driver’s licence
- Show great attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Display the ability to meet deadlines and form effective working relationships
- Have Completed secondary schooling
- Be physically fit and prepared to work in a physically demanding work environment
The assessment and interview day for these roles will be held at the Collie Refinery on Thursday 10 December 2020. Those unable to attend will not be progressed for these roles.