|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in UX Design.
- Experience collaborating with User Experience Research (UXR) on user studies.
- Excellent design portfolio, with experience designing complex web and/or mobile applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills, and ability to present clear design rationale.
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
The mission of the Google Photos team is to be a home for users memories, automatically organized and brought to life, so they can save and share what matters. As a Staff Interaction Designer, you will have a combination of individual work and management, and work to help others grow while rolling up your own sleeves.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Help guide the team's creative strategy and manage team work assignments. Develop user journeys, mockups, prototypes, storyboards, and presentations to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Work with UXR, Marketing, and Product Management to strategize and build concise user-centric visions and journeys.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Partner with other designers to refine design systems and integrate new features into our evolving products.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure designs are implemented to spec and collaborate with them to come up with creative design solutions when technical challenges arise.