|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
About the Role:
Our Communication and Marketing team at Downer Defence Systems (DDS) are seeking an experienced and qualified graphic designer. This is a full-time one-year contract with the possibility of extension or reclassification as a permanent role at the end of the initial 12 months.
In this role, you will support the Downer Defence Systems (DDS) business with relevant and timely graphic design activities including creating marketing and communication collateral such as newsletter, brochure and magazine layouts, logos, corporate templates, website material and other discrete items.
You’ll work closely with the events manager to assist in the set up and running of events including conference booths and will assist with any other marketing or communication activities as required.
Reporting directly to the Communications & Media Manager, the focus of this position is to:
- Design, layout and produce a range of material including flyers, advertisements, banners, signs, posters, newsletters and reports to effectively communicate with employees
- Develop creative concepts to apply to all communications material
- Ensure all publications are to the highest visual design standards and effectively and appropriately communicate with the customer
- Provide creative design advice to help develop appropriate and innovative communication strategies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the design industry, software trends and techniques
- Ensure standardisation of Corporate imaging in the style and format of all publications, brochures, and other community information
- Undertake other tasks under the direction of the Communication and Marketing Manager
You have a great enthusiasm for graphic design and strong knowledge knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. You also have:
- Graphic design qualifications (degree or equivalent)
- 3-5 years experience working in a design role
- Sound knowledge of graphic design practice and specialist programs such as InDesign
- Well-developed writing ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional discretion
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships
Note – due to our customer requirements, candidates must be Australian citizens, and be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
If you are interested in joining a friendly and growing team, where opportunities are favourable, please apply today!