|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
The City and Southwest Project Delivery team is managing planning and construction of the Sydney Metro rail network from Chatswood in Sydney’s North, under Sydney Harbour, into the CBD and all the way through to Bankstown in Sydney’s South. It’s a program of epic proportions which will bring together technical specialists, world-class technology and innovative ways of working to provide Sydney with better, faster and more reliable journeys.
Right now, we have a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join us in the Projects/Health & Safety division. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all Sydney Metro health and safety policies, protocols and procedures are applied within the Project.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers
- Implement and administer health and safety policies and procedures and ensure alignment with Sydney Metro policy, standards and procedures
- Provide technical expertise and professional advice on health and safety issues as necessary to support compliance and change control processes across the project lifecycle
- Manage compliance with health and safety assurance activities with Delivery Partners
- Ensure the consistent application of the relevant provisions of the project Health and Safety Management System by Delivery Partners
- Undertake site and other investigations and validations, ensuring clarity and implementation of recommendations where appropriate
- Assist in investigating and resolving any problems, complaints, issues raised in consultation with Sydney Metro team and Delivery Partners
- Work collaboratively across project and functional teams for positive health and safety outcomes
You are an experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor looking for an opportunity to showcase your understanding of the Rail Industry. You have Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Natural ability to communicate with different levels and strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 9 ($135 898.00 - $152 204.00) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Right now is an exciting time to join our team as we deliver an iconic $55.6 billion investment into future transport infrastructure and services over 40 years. Be a part of something big!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process by 11:59pm, Friday, 4th December 2020. For any enquiries, please email Amber Travers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.