|Job Type:||Full Time|
BHP is one of the world's largest global resources company, with operations throughout Australia and around the world. The iron ore, copper, coal, nickel, oil and gas we produce is used to grow cities all around the world, helping to build schools, hospitals, bridges and transport as well as the household appliances, modern electronics and new technology millions of people use every day.
We've been supporting people and communities all across the countries in which we operate, from the Pilbara to the Atacama Desert in Chile, for generations by creating jobs, backing businesses and investing in social programs. And it's our purpose and privilege to continue to keep bringing people and resources together to build a better world.
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
To support the execution phase of the introduction of Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) at Daunia Mine site a Training Administrator is required to join the operational readiness team. This role works with the project training team to provide training administration support to ensure compliance with the site training procedures and execution timeframes.
The position is offered on a 5x2 roster based at our Daunia mine located in the Bowen Basin, near Moranbah.
Key duties of this role will include;
- Assist with training-related data management and setting up of course schedules using the BHP systems
- Ensure all training documentation is verified and compliant with the BMA & site training procedures.
- Maintaining training schedules and supporting site leaders and project trainers in coordinating training attendance and completion of required training
- Compile and prepare monthly progress reports of project training key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the Site Systems team to ensure compliance to the site training scheme and the Site Training Needs Analysis
- Maintaining training resources and facilities
- Active participation, compliance and contribution to the effective operation of BHP’s relevant HSE policies and systems
It is preferred that the successful candidate will have knowledge and relevant experience in training in a coal mining environment including:
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office and Learning Management Systems
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with working with large volumes of data efficiently, both paper based and electronic.
- Ability to organise time and work autonomously in order to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Attention to detail, conscientious and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or the Training & Assessor skillset & understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 and Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.