|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
The Northwest Project Delivery team is proud to have delivered the first exciting instalment of the Sydney Metro railway. Since 2011, more than 22,000 people worked on the project which was proudly opened in May 2019. Sydney Metro Northwest was full of Australian firsts, including the first cable-stayed railway bridge built on a curve, glass barrier technology to keep people safe and video help points at every station.
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Administrator to join us in the Transport & Infrastructure team. The primary purpose of the role is to provide contract administration services for a bespoke suite of contacts, including Professional Service Contracts (PSCs). The role acts as a primary point of contact for contract administration activities for the organisation, facilitating engagement with specialist procurement and contract management resources and managing strategic supplier relationships.
- Provide guidance on procurement and contract administration procedures, to ensure consistent best practice in contract administration across work packages.
- Develop and execute detailed Contract Management Plans, including establishing KPIs and governance structures, risk identification and mitigation, monitoring performance benefits tracking and outcomes reporting, and intervening, where necessary, to achieve the objectives of the contract
- Review, assess and process variations and claims in accordance with contract provisions and ensure payment of claims and invoices is carried out in accordance with contract and legislative requirements
- Provide support and coordination relative to the reporting requirements of the project including the preparation of briefing notes for expenditure under delegation and monthly progress reports in compliance with procurement rules and legislation
- Support the compilation of Professional Service Contracts, including obtaining firm prices, internal approval and/or budget estimates for future works
- Assist with regular budget analysis and forecasting activities to ensure compliance with procurement rules and procedures
- Prepare, issue and respond to general correspondence in relation to the contract to support business objectives
- You are a seasoned Contract Administrator looking for an opportunity to showcase your experience within a progressive organisation.
- You have comprehensive working knowledge of the NSW Government Procurement Policy and procurement framework. Ideally, you also have a strong grasp of probity requirements and have a high level of experience in administration techniques, data collection, analysis and purchasing functions.
- Strong attention to detail, consistency and thoroughness.
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to.
Want to know more?
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 8 ($118 015 - $132 176) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Joining Sydney Metro, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process by 11:59pm, Thursday 26th November. For any enquiries, please email Amber Travers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.