|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Kmart, we are where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items and our vision is to make everyday living brighter for all our customers, every time and everywhere they shop with us.
As Australia’s brightest retail star, we have experienced great success in recent times but for Kmart this is just the beginning of our exciting journey ahead! We have big plans in place to ensure we deliver our vision and significantly expand our business. With new stores opening across Australia and New Zealand, the growth of our online business and expansion into new markets, we are on a mission to improve the Kmart shopping experience for all our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do. There has never been a more irresistible time to join Kmart!
We now have an opportunity within our Inventory team for a Demand Planner. You will be responsible for demand forecasting. Working closely with the Merchandise team, the role of demand planner is responsible for the following;
- Maintain demand forecasts for the business to agreed forecast accuracy targets
- Work closely with the merchandise teams to ensure demand forecasts reflect business planning and strategy
- Monitor sales performance and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Establish demand forecasts for new product introductions
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders across the Online, Merchandise and Inventory teams
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail (formal skills in analytics/statistics etc will be viewed favourably)
- Understanding of Inventory Management within a retail environment
- Problem investigation and resolution skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills in cross-functional environments
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work well autonomously
- Those with prior experience as a Demand Planner in a high volume or on-line retail environment will be considered highly favourable
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
So if this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.