|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Team Leader to join our team and reporting into the Accounts Payable and accounts Receivable Manager . This role is based at Kmart National Office Mulgrave.
This role will see you effectively
- Lead a team of 7 direct reports in the International Payables, Accounts Receivable and vendor Masterfile functions
- Ensure all payments are made on time, vendor Masterfile processes are complied with and investigation and resolution of local supplier queries,
- Import Duty Processing
- Month End preparation of accruals, reconciliations and reports to Management
- Oversee projects and implementation of key initiatives relating to process improvement
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team and leadership skills with a strong emphasis on interpersonal skills
- Previous Experience working in and managing a high volume foreign currency invoicing and supplier payments team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail and initiative in following through to resolution
Working closely with stores, Distribution Centres, suppliers and the merchandise team, you will also actively identify the source of issues and make recommendations for their prompt resolution.
Your success in this role will be measured by your proven track record in a similar role and in addition to this, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Sound knowledge of SAP Financial System, ITrade & Mainframe systems
- Experience with Process Improvement and Project management.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Package (advanced Excel skills level) and SAP Financial System (highly desirable) to support your understanding of general accounts functions such as reconciliations, invoicing and claims
- Strong ‘investigative’ mindset combined with a passion for seeking resolutions to outstanding issues
- Exceptionally strong communication and written skills including
- Provide guidance and support to the team members
- Prepare development plans and performance reviews completed
- Co-ordinate cross-training as required by the team
- Monitor performance of team members and provide training when appropriate
- Ensure work is effectively assigned and communicated to your accounts team
- Possess an understanding of the basic Accounting principles including GST issues (those with knowledge of Supply Chain and store back office processes would be considered beneficial)
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart , Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.