|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Kmart is currently looking for a Space Planner to join the team. This role is responsible for creating detailed department flows and specific planograms/layouts to support the merchandise teams achieve their objectives. It includes coordinating all communications of layout changes to our store teams and ensure they can be managed in the most operationally efficient way.
As the space planner you will;
- Create planograms and flows to allow stores to consistently execute our product in stores
- Ensure planograms reflect the Kmart business strategy and customer buying patterns
- Have strong communication skills
- Show initiative to constantly improve on current plans and meet company strategic outcomes
- Provide recommendations to influence Merchandise buying and allocation decisions
- Support and assist the Merchandise team in developing merchandise communications to achieve financial and commercial objectives
- Set up physical flows /planograms in store and provide support for store queries
- Liaise with Visual Merchandise team to test and develop merchandising concepts
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Space planning and/or visual merchandising experience in a retail environment; preferably hard goods based
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills
- The ability to build and maintain robust relationships
- An analytical and proactive problem solving mindset
- A hands on approach and be able to set up physical concepts in stores
- Ideally you will have experience in the Spaceman system or similar space planning system/software
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.