|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Kmart Technology is embarking on a journey that includes development and implementation of new software systems as well as cloud transformation involving existing system, to support not just growth of the business but also new business models. As part of this technology, you will have an opportunity to solve complex problems related to demand product design, development, planning, forecasting, fulfillment, ordering etc, with focus on balancing lead time and quantity to get Kmart products to the customers.
We are looking for a highly technical, passionate, self-motivated and talented senior software engineer who loves solving tough and challenging problems. The ideal candidate will need exemplary analytical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and have a passion for creating scalable, reliable & maintainable enterprise facing software systems. As a senior engineer, you will be part of a dynamic group of engineers where flexibility, teamwork, influencing and creative thinking are highly valued.
This role will allow you to work on complex challenges, using your quantitative abilities to identify opportunities, and play a key role in developing solutions. You will work at the intersection of operational processes and technology, and will need a strong understanding of both to be effective. To be successful in this role you must be passionate about technology, but more importantly, you have to be patient.
Specifically, this role will see you fulfilling the following:
- Design, develop and deliver complex pieces of software
- Embracing modern engineering practices such as building CI/CD pipelines, automation of testing etc;
- Conducting peer review of code and playing a lead role in the coding standards;
- Your love of quality code will ensure a reduction in code defects whilst ensuring code is maintainable and easy to debug;
- Take ownership of system issues and work collaboratively to overcome
- Mentoring and coaching engineers
- Quickly learning new systems to be on board as fast as possible given that this is a mat leave backfill.
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Coding in different languages comes naturally to you and you know the right tool for the right job (our platforms mainly contain C#, Python, SQL, AWS, REST APIs)
- You prefer to automate everything and are well versed with a number of infrastructure-as-code technologies;
- You have experience with container-based architecture such as Docker, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and have experience with microservice based as well as event streaming based architectures and technologies
- Experience creating designs, reviewing peers designs and generating test cases from these designs.
- Naturally curious with an innate desire and ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Experience of working in agile environments using Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers
This role will require you to speak up and lead the way both from a technology perspective and a team perspective. This isn’t for the faint hearted but will be fulfilling. Are you up for it?
If you are, you will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.