|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 260 stores and employing over 44,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same!
What we’re looking for?
We are currently looking for a Business Support Analyst for a 12 mth fixed term contract to join the Kmart family. This role will see you acting as the conduit between the business and the development team to support existing applications as well as developing new applications. Your role will be to provide an understanding of how the business operates to the developers so a retail background would be very useful as would some technical knowledge and Agile experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to undertake the following:
- Business Support – Provide functional application support to business teams, using technical and business knowledge along with process expertise to achieve desired outcomes
- Solution Delivery – Understand business issues and communicate these to technical teams to enable technology enhancements to address these issues and ensure successful, high quality delivery into production environments through co-ordination and execution of User Acceptance Testing
- Service Delivery – Engage with operational business teams and provide continual feedback to process owners on opportunities for improvement based on observations
- Process Expertise – Use strong knowledge of business processes and applications to identify opportunities for process improvement or system improvement to better support business process
- Knowledge Management – Maintain understanding of application environment across business teams through provision of training and reference materials
- Provide functional application support to the business teams using both technical and business knowledge as well as process expertise to achieve the desired outcomes;
- Communicate your understanding of business issues to the tech teams and ensure the tech solutions developed address these business issues;
- Apply your exceptional knowledge of Kmart’s business processes and applications to identify process improvement opportunities;
You will need to have the following skills:
- Amazing analysis, problem solving and resolution skills to get to the bottom of an issue and solve it;
- Experience in building automation using scripting languages like Python/ functional test automation
- At least 3 years in a Business Analyst or Business leadership role
- Programming experience in relevant languages
- Incredible stakeholder communication and influencing skills to build relationships;
- Ability to adapt to new ideas and switch strategies or tactics if need be;
This is an exciting time to join Kmart’s IT team as we seek to continue to adapt to position ourselves to support Kmart’s future direction.
At Kmart, we recognise the value in promoting a flexible work environment and are happy to consider applicants seeking a variety of arrangements. If flexibility is important to you please outline your individual requirements on the Flexible Work Arrangements section on the application form.
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
So if this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.